Sunday, September 7, 2008

So last weekend was Labor Day weekend, and for us, it really was a Labor Day. We decided to put up our fence around our backyard, and it proved to be more difficult than we originally thought, especially since our yard turned out to be a lot bigger than we thought. Luckily, though, we had a TON of help from all of our new friends here. Funny story, Steve rented an auger to help dig the fence posts and he decided to have the missionaries, who were helping, poor guys, dig the first hole. Well, they just so happened to cut our neighbor's phone line. And that was how we introduced ourselves to them. Great, huh? Then, a couple holes later, the same phone line was cut. Even better. Well, it all turned out ok, the phone line was fixed, and we didn't end up having to pay for it. We were so happy. Anyway, our fence turned out Awesome and we Love it! So a big thank you to everyone that helped! You're the best!




5 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

That's gotta be one of the best-looking fences ever. I like it so much I stole the pictures and put them on my own blog.

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Your yard is huge! We could put 4 of our apartments in it!!! Looks really good though.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

A fence is hard work, I am VERY impressed. You definitely need to do a garden next year, it's so fun to watch it all grow and to not have to buy produce all summer. We grew 4 kinds of tomatoes, red, orange and yellow bell peppers, eggplant, peppercinis (sp?), onions, green onions, carrots, cucumbers, yellow squash and zucchini. And then of course a bunch of herbs. Your house looks so nice, I hope you guys are enjoying it!!!

The Tetro's said...

looks like fun - glad you guys are doing so well.

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen! I saw your link on the Revells blog and checked it out! It is so awesome that you guys had twins and are out in Illinois! We are out in Milwaukee, WI and I am going to med school out here right now. I just wrote my very first blog ever! you should check it out at http://ostlertimes.blogspot.com/
I hope that you, Steve, and the kids are doing great! Tell your parents hi for me k!
Take care,
Shawn Ostler