Friday, October 3, 2008

Hey everyone! I thought I'd do a little update, since it's been a while. Steve's mom, Gainell, came to visit and just left, and it was so much fun to have her here! We spent time in Chicago, did a lot of shopping, went to the Amish country, and made lots of strawberry and raspberry jam! It was a lot of fun, and we miss her already! It was my first time to actually spend a long time in Chicago, and I absolutely loved it! I can see why it's so easy to fall in love with it. It was clean, friendly, and beautiful, even downtown on Michigan Avenue, the "Magnificent Mile". It has parks, trees, the gorgeous lake, even beaches, right downtown. It was awesome. And Gainell was the best tour guide. :) Since she lived there for awhile, she knew where everything was, the history behind it, and the best shopping! If anyone goes to Chicago, they should go with her! So we really had a lot of fun. Also, since my last post, we went with some friends of ours and went paddleboating on one of the many ponds in our city, and I also had my birthday , the big 25, which Steve really made Awesome! We went to the movie "Ghostown" (our first movie in a long time) and we loved it! Anyway, so here are some fun pictures from our eventful last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jill Revell said...

What a fun trip! Both of your babies have the biggest eyes - too cute!

Lisa and Mark said...

Kristen! I can't believe how big Auston and Audrey have gotten. They are adorable and I miss seeing them every week at the ward basketball games! I hope you and Steve are enjoying life in Virginia!

Mike and Ariane said...

I'm so jealous of that jam! If it is the same recipe of Grandma Cameron, I've got to get it!
Looks like a fun visit for Aunt Gay! She's always fun to have around!