Monday, October 20, 2008

Okay, there's a lot of pictures in this. Since the last post, we've done a few things. I put some really cute pictures of our times at the parks, and they're so cute! Auston and Audrey LOVED the swings! Then we had Steve's birthday, and I made him a Lemon Meringue Pie, his favorite. To celebrate, we went to the University of Illinois football game, Go Fighting Illini! (Pronounced ill-line-eye. I struggled with that at first) It was pretty fun, and the stadium was really neat, since it's pretty old and made out of brick. I also took the twins to Curtis Orchard with some friends and their kids. Curtis Orchard is a big apple orchard near our house that also has a big pumpkin patch and a petting zoo with ponies, goats, chickens, etc. It was pretty fun, but it really made me miss my parents' apple orchard and the apple chips, juice, the smell, and everything else that goes along with apples and fall at my parents' house. Anyway, We also went to Lake of the Woods, a forest preserve about 10 minutes from our house, and we tried to take some family pictures, but we ended up just taking a bunch of pictures of Auston and Audrey. They had this really cool old red covered bridge that a bunch of people were having professional pictures taken on, so we decided to have a little photo shoot ourselves. As soon as Audrey got out of the car, she couldn't stop shrieking, she was so excited. It was so funny! There's a couple of pictures where you can tell she's just screaming as loud as she can, which is how she expresses herself! Auston played it a little more cool, but he was completely enthralled with the leaves on the ground, since it was basically the first time he had seen them. We could hardly get him to look at the camera, it was so funny! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the pictures!
Our day at Lake of the Woods



So excited!


Still so excited!

Mini me




Steve's birthday pie
Having fun at Curtis Orchard

The gray goat looked exactly like my old pygmy goat, Daisy, miss her too (never thought I'd say that, we had a love/hate relationship :) )

Auston is so happy
Having fun at the park

13 comments:

Scott and Mal said...

Looks like lots of fun!! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas time!! And, we're planning to come out that way next year some time, and you are on our list of people to visit!!!

Jessica said...

Your twins are so big! They are too cute! I'm glad I found your blog so we can keep in touch.

stephasauri said...

We found you! (This is Stephanie Hodnett, by the way)

Soooo cute!! Those are some great pictures in the leaves! I love their fall-colored outfits too. I can practically hear Audrey screaming in some of those shots. I can't get enough! They are adorable.

Sorry I never got back with you on Saturday. We were having Canadian Thanksgiving with some friends and then I forgot.

Our blog is here http://blog.veggiesandicecream.com/

Cami said...

Absolutely LOVE the Fall pics! Your family pic turned out so cute! Your little ones are just adorable!!

Jude said...

Wow your kids are too cute! I can't believe how big they have gotten. It looks like you guys have so much fun.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

The pictures of the twins in the leaves are BEAUTIFUL! So fun. Looks like you guys are managing to keep busy and have fun :)

Spencer and Stephanie Randle said...

I love the new fall pictures they are so cute! Tell Auston and Audrey to stop growing they are getting too big! They are just so cute. Way to go on the pie I am very impressed.

Kendria said...

Scrolling down it looks like that is Audrey's best face... She has the most energetic air about her. Auston seems a little more relaxed- So cute... Looks like you are having a lot of fun! Does Becky have a blog?

tyler and minde said...

I can't believe how big the twins are getting, they are so adorable. We hope you had a great b-day Steve. We love you all and see you at Christmas.

Mike and Ariane said...

Audrey is a hoot! Love her excitement!
Great fall pics!
Random thought - I had a pair of Fighting Illini sweatpants in High School! Go figure!

The Tetro's said...

the kiddies look so cute, they grow so fast

The Watkins Family said...

Super adorable pictures! I love the family ones and the one of Austin crying on the pumpkins especially.

Jill Revell said...

Those family pictures are SO cute! Your babies are getting so big!