Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

Can I just tell you how much I love being a mom? Today was so great, I woke up this morning to some awesome breakfast in bed, brought to me by my hot husband and two gorgeous kiddos, and then Steve surprised me with an cute scrapbooking tote, and I wasn’t expecting anything, I was so excited! The kids were so good getting ready for church, they actually were cooperating, and we were able to talk to Steve’s brother Matt whose on his mission in Italy via a conference call with the family. Then at church, Audrey fell asleep on my lap (or at least what she could of my lap, since it’s pretty much taken over by my belly), which was the best Mother’s Day gift she could give me! Church was great, the primary kids were good, sharing time went well, Audrey didn’t have an accident (she’s potty training), I got cookies (awesome!), Steve made dinner and one of my favorite pies, and the kids haven’t gotten in any really big fights. Such a great day!

It was funny, today we were out in our backyard on our swing set, and Steve was swinging the kids on the little two-seater swing thing where they face each other. They kept asking Steve to “Go higher, Daddy, go higher!”, which he of course did, when they went so high, Auston kind of flew off the seat a little, which scared me to death, but of course didn’t faze the kids. I told Steve to stop, and Audrey said to stop too, and when they did, this is the conversation we proceeded to have.

Audrey(waving me away): Go away mommy, go away

Me: Why?

Audrey: Just go away to the other side (of the yard)

Me: K, but don’t go high

Audrey: I won’t

I then start to walk away, then she says to Steve,whispering

Audrey: Mommy’s going away

Steve: Do you want to go higher?

Audrey: (still whispering) Yeah, go higher!

Isn’t she a little stinker? And she’s only two and a half! It’s scary to think about what she’s going to be like as a teenager. Ugh! Oh well, I still love being a mom! I wouldn’t trade it for anything, even on those days when Auston empties out every basket with every toy, or when Audrey has about 10 accidents in one day, or when Auston tries to play the Wii and throws the remote at the TV and brakes it so we have to get a new one (but hey, at least he has a good arm? :), or Audrey decides to get into Mommy’s make-up and jewelry. I still love it, and I love these babies! It makes me so sad to think we’ll only be able to share these fun moments for just a little longer, and then they’ll be all grown up and I’ll be wishing for these days again. But I’m so excited for this new little munchkin to join our family in 6 (yes 6!) weeks, I can’t wait to meet him! Here are some fun pictures to enjoy of the past however long it’s been since we last put up pictures :) And Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there, especially to my mom and my mom-in-law, I love you both and am so thankful for you!

I love these kids so much!

Spring 2010 002Spring 2010 249

Spring 2010 277Spring 2010 023 Spring 2010 147  

Spring 2010 060

The

Best Family in the World!

0 comments: