Friday, June 11, 2010

What we’ve been up to…

Well, I’m checking off the things on my list of things to do before baby brother, (or as Auston wants to name him, Crackers), gets here, and one of them is to update the blog, so here it is!

Steve has started his internship in Indianapolis and is really enjoying it! The firm is awesome and he likes everyone he works with, and we really love Indianapolis! We’re staying at a place right downtown, within walking distance of the zoo, so we got a year pass, which has been really fun! Steve also was able to go to the Indy 500 and hang out in a VIP suite, because the firm represents the track and owner, so that was pretty exciting for him (sadly, we weren’t invited). He was able to go down on the track, meet some drivers, and get this, Danica Patrick looked at him. So cool (I’m rolling my eyes at that last one :) Just kidding babe). Anyway, we’re really enjoying it out there.

Also, Steve’s mom came out for a week and we were able to get a lot done to prep for the baby, and it was so great to have her here to help out with the kids while Steve was in Indy!

Another thing we did was plant a garden, and Steve made the container and fence around it all by himself, and I think he did a great job! The garden has really taken off, so we’re excited to start enjoying the rewards.

Last week, some of friends out here threw me a shower, which was so nice and a lot of fun! Thank you so much for it, I loved it!

So that’s a quick recap of what’s been going on, and here are some fun pictures and videos, so enjoy!

Touching the Elephants after their show

Indy and Baby Shower2010 028   Indy and Baby Shower2010 026

The Dolphin show at the Zoo

Indy and Baby Shower2010 013 

My Baby Shower

Indy and Baby Shower2010 062 Indy and Baby Shower2010 061

Our Garden (it’s now huge! The fence is to keep the rabbits out)

Indy and Baby Shower2010 005

Auston and his girlfriend Grace. He’s always asking for her and showing off for her when he sees her, doing karate moves (which I have no idea where he learned them. Very manly)

Indy and Baby Shower2010 001

And here’s our future yoga master (I came downstairs from getting ready, and BYU TV was on somehow, and Audrey was doing the yoga on it. She was so into it, she didn’t even hear me come down or start filming her! It was adorable! And as a side note, the teacher who was teaching it turned out to be a yoga teacher I had at UVSC, and she is awesome! Good taste Audrey)

3 comments:

Spencer and Stephanie Randle said...

I love that Audrey is doing yoga...that video is so cute. I think you should definitely call your little baby "crackers" it is quite catchy. My mom said that you look great! I hope you are feeling ok. I can' wait to see you guys at the end of the summer! Love you!

The Helvig Familiy said...

I can't get over the cute yoga video, too cute! I can't believe you are going to have a little baby in a week. I have no doubt you are the best mom ever. Your kids are so lucky. Aaron went to the Indy 500 and is convinced that we need to move out there, so hey maybe we'll be neighbors someday. Sure glad things are going so well for you! Miss you tons!

Kendria said...

That yoga video is too funny. I am dying. How hilarious is that? Little girls melt my heart.